Latest posts by FIRECracker (see all)
- How To Get A Raise: The Less Traveled Path To Financial Independence - November 12, 2018
- Let’s Go Exploring! Gdansk: History Comes to Life - November 2, 2018
- There’s Something Special About Chautauquans - October 29, 2018
Back when we were still running the rat race, one of our favourite things to do was stalk other FI-ers and read the ever-loving-crap out of their blogs. And one of these FI nerds is Brandon, also known as “The Mad FIentist“.
Not only does the Mad FIentist write helpful blog articles about his journey to early retirement, he actually creates spreadsheets and software to help you get there faster, by using completely LEGAL tax avoidance strategies. Because who doesn’t want to have the government fund their retirement?
So you can imagine the sheer amount of fan-girling and shrieking that happened when he asked us to be on his Podcast. The whole time I was thinking “Be cool, don’t look stupid, don’t look stupid.” So I went to type “yes, of course, that sounds interesting”, but instead what came out was “HOLY CRAP, IT’S THE MAD FIENTIST! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”
So if I sound like a crazy person in this podcast, you’ll know why. Hopefully I was able to keep the insanity out and stick to the topics, but probably not. You be the judge:
Want free money to go travelling? Check out how we get credit card and banking sign-up bonuses here!
Want to learn how to replicate our retirement portfolio? Check out our FREE Investment Workshop!
Want to travel the world like us?
- Airbnb helped us save over $18K/year! Click here to get $40USD off your first booking.
- Click here to find out why you need travel insurance (it saved us $3000 in a family emergency!) and to get a quote.
Full disclosure: the above links are affiliate links so I may get a commission if you apply.