Latest posts by FIRECracker (see all)
- Week 2 at Chautauqua Greece! - October 22, 2018
- Why Suze Orman is Clueless about the FIRE Movement - October 8, 2018
- Let’s Go Exploring! Iceland: Fire and Ice and Surprisingly Nice Part 3 - October 5, 2018
Coming back from the Galapagos, it seemed that very little could top the sheer epicness of swimming with sharks, lounging on the beach with sea lions, and eating lunch with 150-year-old turtles.
But of course Chautuaqua managed to, once again, quickly blow past my expectations–and the week has barely even started!
The awesome surprises just kept coming, one after another. First, Paula Pant, from week 1 stayed over an extra night (or “crashed our party” as she put it), so we got to meet the one and only creator of our frequently mentioned 1% rule of thumb for real-estate.
That, coupled with meeting MMM and Jesse from YNAB while we greeted Chautaquans who flew from all over the world (even as far as Australia and South Africa) to attend this badass super-villain cult, got this week to start off with a bang:
Vicki, author of “Your Money or Your Life” and the original “Adam and Eve” of the FI movement, also came to check out the Ecuadorian lawn mowers with us, pictured bleating in the background.
And most importantly, let’s not forget the Godfather of FI, JLCollins, without whom, our quest for world domination would never even be possible:
*Cue James Bond theme* Let the EPIC-ness begin!
Want free money to go travelling? Check out how we get credit card and banking sign-up bonuses here!
Want to learn how to replicate our retirement portfolio? Check out our FREE Investment Workshop!
Want to travel the world like us?
- Airbnb helped us save over $18K/year! Click here to get $40USD off your first booking.
- Click here to find out why you need travel insurance (it saved us $3000 in a family emergency!) and to get a quote.
Full disclosure: the above links are affiliate links so I may get a commission if you apply.