One of the dangers of early retirement is retiring right at the cusp of a stock market crash, killing your portfolio and screwing over your finances right after you quit. This is known as sequence-of-return risk.
How do we guard against this? Simple. We build a Yield Shield in our portfolio that keeps paying us regardless of what the stock market is doing. Read on to find out.
- The Yield Shield: Preferred Shares
- The Yield Shield: Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Yield Shield: Corporate Bonds & High Yield Bonds
- The Yield Shield: Dividend Stocks
- The Yield Shield: Putting it all Together
- The Yield Shield: Taxes
Want free money to go travelling? Check out how we get credit card and banking sign-up bonuses here!
Want to learn how to replicate our retirement portfolio? Check out our FREE Investment Workshop!
Want to travel the world like us?
- Airbnb helped us save over $18K/year! Click here to get $40USD off your first booking.
- Click here to find out why you need travel insurance (it saved us $3000 in a family emergency!) and to get a quote.
Full disclosure: the above links are affiliate links so I may get a commission if you apply.